Friday, March 26, 2010

Take a look at the latest from Don Siegelman

Please take a moment to read this frightening statement from the wife of an Alabama county commissioner who was subpoenaed by prosecutors to appear before my grand jury. There is no doubt in my mind that if he had lied, as they apparently asked, he would have never been hassled. This is the sad state that this Rove inspired investigation sank to in my case.

Below is the statement by Judy White of Birmingham, Alabama, choosing to break the "conspiracy of silence":

"My husband, while serving as an elected county commissioner, was subpoenaed to give grand jury testimony against former Governor Don Siegelman and Richard Scrushy, because he assisted in arranging the meeting between them at which federal prosecutors contend crimes were committed that resulted in Governor Siegelman's and Mr. Scrushy's convictions. Please understand that I was present when my husband was questioned by federal officials, and I witnessed their demands that my husband testify as he was told, regardless of his insistence that he could not. Following his refusal to comply, the Office of the U.S. Attorney began investigating him, and obtained an indictment and a conviction, which was overturned by the trial judge. The U.S. Attorney appealed the reversal.

My husband got on the wrong side by refusing to commit perjury for their benefit. We have complained to the Office of Professional Responsibility and to the Department of Justice, to no avail, of numerous and verifiable instances of wrongdoing in this matter.

On one day we were highly respected, productive citizens, taking care of our family, and contributing to our community in numerous ways, serving on the boards of non-profits and raising awareness and money for worthy causes, aside from my husband's public service. Then, after my husband refused to commit perjury at the direction of federal officials, they have viciously focused on causing destruction, including the loss of employment, our home, relationships, and any and every resource we might have to fight back, to the point my husband is even unable to retain counsel.

Please help us, and please continue to help change a broken system.

If I did nothing, we would continue as we have since that fateful day when my husband refused to lie as demanded. Ultimately, I understand someone has to speak out and speaking out brings exposure. But if everyone with knowledge of the corruption spoke out, it would have to end, so I have chosen to not be part of the conspiracy of silence."

Judy White

......................................................................................
And now - they need some help. My heart goes out to them.

Please send a contribution to Gary White so that he can obtain counsel.

Mr. Gary White
7032 Greenwood Lane
Leeds, AL 35094
......................................................................................
Please help me continue to fight this injustice, as well.

Donate online or mail your contribution to:

3963 River View Drive
Birmingham, Al 35243

Thank you so much!

Don Siegelman
Governor of Alabama 1999-2003
"America's # 1 Political Prisoner", The American Trial Lawyer Magazine

No comments: