Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Self-Imposed Hiatus

I paid the Idiot Fee for buying a new computer I just didn't totally trust (Acer) -but then I don't trust anyone much when I fork over that much money at once- that now is on the way to Texas for repair, for both a hardware and a software problem, apparently. The Idiot Fee refers to my shipping cost. Acer has said that return shipping is covered, per warranty. Does that make it a Half Warranty?

Anyway, this situation of course severely limits my computer time. I'll be back when Acer sees fit to fix and return the currently useless laptop I paid hundreds of dollars to have in my possession functioning. Who wants to bet on how long that will take?

God bless "Made in America," huh.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I say you have it back in your possession in 15 days or less. Shoulda gone with a ThinkPad--this thing rocks, and getting it direct from Lenovo (the ThinkPad was originally an IBM product), I cut down the cost significantly. I paid maybe just a little more than Acers were going for at the time... Still--I'm sure Scutabaga (sp?) will be back up and running just fine in no time.

Leeschwa- MissDangerPants said...

K, if you're right, you get a free shot of Jaeger at Yellowstone. Hooray! "ThinkPad?" Isn't that the same thing as my spongy grey matter?