Monday, August 25, 2008

Now It's Politics

I'm sad to remove the links to Keith Goodenough's and Mark Gordon's websites from this blog. Neither of them moved beyond the primaries in Wyoming on the 19th. Sorry, guys. Keith was only about 300 votes shy of beating out Nick Carter. Small state, small population, small numbers make a big difference. As for Gordon, I'd much rather see him than Cynthia Lummis (in fear of the possibility of Cubin Cloning) represent Wyoming as our lone Representative in the US House. And let's face it: despite Gary Trauner's credentials and personality, the big R wins in this state over the big D.

Which brings me to the Democratic National Convention, of which I needn't speak, since it's plastered all over the place in the electronic media. Even the BBC. All these people seem poised, in other parts of the world, to watch the United States of America finally walk outside the lines and hire someone besides some old- or aging- white guy- to represent their interests, and yet here we have increasing gaps between McCain and Obama in the polls, with Obama slipping. C'mon, American People, wake the hell up! (Or don't, and maybe I will be forced into embarrassed exile.)

OK, OK, I just spent about 20 minutes or something like that ranting and raving about McCain no longer being a man of principle (and my sadness about that, too) and hesitant Hillary supporters needing to drop their self-righteous pissed-offed-ness and think of Everyone for a change, and... and subsequently was thankful for the "Backspace" button and its capability to delete rapidly. I mean, after all, this is America, the Land of Opportunity, and I shouldn't deny anyone the opportunity to vote like a complete imbecile on November 4, if they choose to go out and vote. Who am I to impart my opinion on the masses? Hell, I might be elected President of this country someday, maybe even this year, and God Himself forbid that I present any sort of sense of moral or ethical principles before, during or even after my stint.

On that note, before collapsing into Dreamland, I would like to point out that there exists here on this blog, an ad for the Barrasso ("Barrasso Vows to Protect Ranchers from Wolves"- because wolves target ranchers like some people target chocolate-) campaign. Go figure. That's making me laugh until I pee my pants almost as much as Tropic Thunder did last night.

It's good to be alive and in the mood to laugh.

No comments: