Friday, August 8, 2008

It's Hard Like Mexico

I've had immigration on my mind since last night. Well, I've had the subject in the forefront of my thoughts more often than just the past several hours; it's a complex issue and I go crazy when I hear people mince it down into simple statements like, "Those people need to go. They come here and use our schools and hospitals and..." blah blah blah. Think a little harder, huh?

But, I got an e-mail from the Goodenough for Senate campaign (dicey name to have in a political campaign), and I went to Keith's website and clicked on that particular issue and found the talking points not as specific as I would like to see. So, I checked out rival Nick Carter's site, and then others in Wyoming running for office, and what I learned was that I had a list of links for you, the reader, though I know a bunch, if not most, of you aren't even Wyoming residents.

So, they are here for your perusal. Nick Carter and Keith Goodenough are facing off as Dems to run for US Senate vs. Republican John Barasso. I haven't put any links to Barasso in this blog because he doesn't get any positive press from me. He is a doctor who proved, during the Rainbow Family v. Boy Scout fiasco earlier this summer here in Wyoming, that he ascribes to the Hypocritcal, rather than the Hippocratic, Oath.

Chris Rothfuss, with whom I have had the pleasure of speaking recently at Putin's coffee shop downtown, is squaring off against "Big Al" Hamburg, who is labeled all over the place as the "perennial candidate" and for whom I did not find, and did not expect to find, a website. Too bad because you know I love a wig candidate; however, you can find info about him plastered on the web if you plug in a search. These two Dems want to beat Mike Enzi for a US Senate seat. Mr. Enzi has been in Washington for a while. Not that I am necessarily biased against Republicans (I was registered as one once), but I don't like his politics, so he, too, will not get positive press from me here. (Not that he gives a rat's arse.)

Finally, Gary Trauner, a Dem who ran last time around against Babs Cubin, that Republican who ostensibly represents us all here in Wyoming in the one seat we have in the US House, is running again, against Republican Mark Gordon. Now, I will place Mr. Gordon's website here in my links because Tony "Hawk" is a big fan of him, and after raking this candidate over the coals for quite a while one evening at Crapitude (much to Stevil's delight), I found that he actually has some relatively informed and potentially reasonable points of view on at least some issues. OK, I can't recall them specifically, but he did come across as a somewhat normal human being who cares about his family. However, I lost him when I began to ask serious questions about the issue of Education in this country, specifically in relation to Our Children as Our Future, and he lost me pretty much right then and there.
Still, we all have our own decisions to make, so here are the links to the various Wyoming candidates' websites and blogs, attached in the sidebar. Use them, please.
What do you think about the immigration issue, anyway?

No comments: