Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm feeling some animosity toward paying tax on my beers

when I go down to the local bar. Do you suppose the State of Wyoming Department of Revenue will suspend that tax, too? Or will I have to resort to my "2nd Amendment Rights?" Jeeeeezus Christ, help us all. (As in it looks like there are some tables in the Temple of Arms that you might want to turn over in righteous indignation, since the law apparently isn't doing its job.)

Agents face increasing animosity at events across state, Department of Revenue official says

State suspends tax at gun shows

By JOAN BARRON - Star-Tribune capital bureau | Posted: Sunday, July 4, 2010 2:00 am

CHEYENNE -- The Wyoming Department of Revenue has suspended sales tax collections from gun shows because of increasing animosity toward the state's field tax agents.

Dan Noble, director of the department's excise tax division, said Friday that an incident at a gun show triggered the decision.

He added, however, that resistance from gun show sponsors and participants has been a recurring problem statewide.

"I have 10 field reps throughout the state, and every one of them has experienced some animosity," he said. "Folks are nervous anyway because there are guns there. I don't want to put my people at risk."

More at:

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_8ca58b45-3fd5-5dec-9ed4-8552bf189280.html?mode=story

No comments: