Friday, April 3, 2009

Why People Go Postal?

It is just not OK that I cannot mail a book to someone from the comfort of my own home if I have the book, a big envelope, a roll of tape and plenty of postage stamps and a mailbox right outside the door, if the book weighs more than 13 ounces. No; I am required to take the package to the post office and say, "I am not a terrorist, and inside this package that is labeled 'Media Mail' and looks from the outside, and feels if you touch it, like a book, is a book."

However, I could stick a little anthrax, or some other minute killer, into a regular envelope, attach a regular postage stamp, mail it from my home like a regular letter, by placing the envelope in my mailbox and raising the little red flag, and TADAAAA! People could die.

No comments: