Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Who Are You?


There is this e-mail that goes around, with pictures of various foods that have been, let's say artistically arranged. It's titled "International Disturbed People's Day" or something like that. Sheila sent me the latest version, with this picture. I thought it was pretty nice of her to recognize my disturbity and to attempt to feed that.

I also realized within the same day or so that since moving to Wyoming 6 years ago, if nothing else, I am now more cognizant than ever of my noncoformist nature and concomitant resourcefulness. I don't know if that's good or not, whatever "good" is, because it hasn't made me rich or famous or even able to travel the world as I dream- yet, anyway. But the realization has helped me get my head around this funding for grad school thing and to get creative.

I think an appropriate mantra these days to quell the anxiety would be, "I eat cauliflower."

No comments: