Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pills

What the herk, people? I'm a mess again. Bawling like a baby one minute, laughing the next. The worst thing of it all is that I can't just go to profs, who are expecting me to get work done well on time, and say, "I'm having a real challenge with depression and am having a lot of trouble focusing; can I have a little more time, please?" It's not like having the flu.

Really, what is that all about anyway? On the one hand, how many people in this country take antidepressants or anti-anxiety pills or sleeping pills and the pharmaceutical companies make millions, but at the same time, we aren't supposed to admit we are depressed because somehow that's like having an unmentionable disease and we'll be considered weak. What gives?

So, this morning I had to just chill and do normal people stuff, after an hour of trying to work my way through a chem problem that should have been pretty straightforward. You know, do the dishes, scoop the litter box, sweep the floor... Just to remember I'm a human being not a math machine. Shite, I could always find something to pay the bills if I get canned from this program for being too dumb.

Ouch.

No comments: