Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Classic Maine


Thanks to Joe Merrill for the pic.

Speaking of such things, I got back from Maine last night. Coolest thing that happened yesterday: I got on the plane in Manchvegas, and there was former housemate Jesse, whom I had not seen in about 7 years. We enjoyed lunch and a beer and catching up on the flight to De Troit. Very nice.

While I was there, Mom went into the "Everything is bad here; the economy sucks," mode, and I was like, "Yeah, just like everywhere." Seriously, the small towns there look to be in no worse shape, as far as "closed" and "for rent or lease" signs in empty store fronts, than here in Wyoming. Peeps, this country is a mess. We are slaves to the dollar bill, y'all. We all know that, right?

I mean, I had to have Dad ship me a box of stuff UPS because it would have cost me 20 bucks to check a bag on the plane. Jesse and I were talking about how cool it would be to fly Southwest because they have free flight for your bags, except that the fact that free bag check is an anomaly in this country now is sick. That an airlines advertises that as a bonus is a gross misrepresentation of reality.

The FFM says why don't I give up like he did? Beats the hell out of me.

No comments: