Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chill Bear


At our house, we have a candy bear that makes clicky noise, a sweet present my bro and sis-in-law brought from Yellowstone. We put a Miller Chill beer cap on the bear's head, and I call him, alternately, Park Bear or Chill Bear, and frequently tell Catsy to stop knocking the bear off the window sill.

Chill Bear. Last week I became embroiled in a group on FaceBook in which many rude words were exchanged, and at the end of a day of trying to talk reason with the torch-bearing young masses, I was told by one guy that I take life too seriously and that I needed to drink a beer.

Well, the FFM has told me on numerous occasions pretty much the same thing, and I took it to heart and decided to chill.

And today, I am offering the same weight-releasing, mellowing suggestion to the Muslim world, or, to be clearer, at least to those who figure prominently in creating a reason for the warning to Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of one of the ultimate politically incorrect, joking and jabbing cartoons, South Park.

Really, guys, it does feel way better to just chill. I mean, really, what is this insane fear people of all stripes demonstrate so aggressively when someone disagrees with them? Yuck. Crap, who's right? Who's wrong? Who cares? believe what you want, and let the rest of us do the same. Simple!

In fact, if it weren't 8:27 in the morning, I might chill with a beer right now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8636455.stm

No comments: