Friday, December 18, 2009

global warming, climate change, whatever


OK, peeps, so this morning I got my weekly dose of Economist Energy Alerts, and of course this Copenhagen thing and climate change is all over the place. Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is. Are people really as greedy and myopic and slave to capitalism and industrialism that this has to be a political fist fight? Yeah, of course. And we all know it.

The girl who spoke up in front of the conference in Brazil for 5 minutes, reprimanding the people with the power for wrecking her future? Too bad they listened for 5 minutes and 5 minutes only. You think they didn't? And in the photos, they all looked so serious, and sad. Probably they were, for a few seconds, at least.

OK, I will take on a somber air fitting of the occasion: they still look serious and worried and pinched as all hell. Check it out:
http://en.cop15.dk/
That's the "official site" where you can see the disarray and some pretty fine photos of all sorts of people looking, well, not like things are going their way.

Anyway, so I thought I would add to the very grave nature of these talks, with today's photo, courtesy of my Dad, by way of my cousin Sue. Take this seriously, people. These snowmen are totally bummed.

No comments: