Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Viva Glasvegas, Baby!

It's snowing like crazy outside, a perfect day for wrapping my family's presents and getting them ready to mail, and for writing Christmas cards. I am responding to the RECESSION, to my impending job loss, by recycling last year's cards. (Be ready, peeps, and cross your fingers I don't send you back the one you sent me a year ago, right?)

So, this may have been my last Pleasure Purchase for quite a while: Glasvegas. Vanity Fair says: "Glasvegas may well be the best new band from Britain, and, on their self-titled debut, this Scottish foursome evokes Phil Spector's 'wall of sound,' Jesus and Mary Chain's feedback, Joe Strummer's vocals, and Velvet Underground's drumming (listen to 'Geraldine' on VF.com)." I say, "Great purchase; glad that's where I placed my last article of faith in the bank that holds my credit card debt."

No comments: