Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Congress Strikes Out Again

I have not been informed that Major League Baseball is a branch of Our Federal Government, requiring a check from Our Legislative Branch. To my knowledge, it is still an organization that demonstrates Our National Pastime in action, and why Congress continues to waste precious time with an oversight committee questioning Roger Clemens and company about steroid use is far, far beyond my comprehension- especially when important matters like FISA, mortgage screw-up bailouts and the President's tax refund scheme to boost the economy are at hand. Can someone help me out with this? What have I been missing?

Saw Spencer Bohren, a Casper, WY, native musician now based in New Orleans, perform on campus tonight before a small audience. I recommend him, especially if you dig steel guitar. Now I'm exhausted, but I'd like to acknowledge, before heading to bed, that I have received a request to clarify my position on whether the government should absolve people of student loan debt. I intend to craft a thoughtful response soon, when I have my head about me and can make it make sense. Maybe even tomorrow. Promise.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Yesterday's Clemens-related foofaraw served one vitally-important purpose: it demonstrated to everyone watching what corrupt jackasses our Republican Congresspersons are. Pandering sycophants, to boot.

Everybody already knew what a wretched excuse for a human being Rojah is.

I almost wish that he was going to pitch for the Yankees again next season. The thought of the welcome that he'd get at the Fens makes me titter in a way that is unnerving to my coworkers.

Leeschwa- MissDangerPants said...

I won't apologize for this, the only appropriate reply at the moment to this particular comment: Just purchased 8 Pavilion tickets to an opening weekend game at Coors Field. Go, Rockies!