Friday, July 18, 2008

Bizzy Backsun

OK, I'll bite. I've been dying to find the time to place this crazy freaked out oil and gas propaganda (remember, without those companies, currently I would be unemployed) here, but not now. This one will take time. It's all full of graphic goodies. But really, I can't wait! In the meantime, since everyone keeps asking, and yapping about it, I'll throw my two cents in for you about that Obama cartoon on the cover of The New Yorker. (And I am not going to make you look at it again. I will ask, though, Cloudlurker, what do you think? You've been saying Michelle out to change her 'do so she looks less like Condi...)

It's easier to let Art Spiegelman and Stephen Colbert do the talking:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92555693 (Spiegelman's interview on NPR's "Talk of the Nation" earlier this week)

http://www.indecision2008.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=176187 (Stephen Colbert. Seriously.)

The only thing I'd add, would be that I find the variety of defensive postures surrounding the whole occasion ultimately telling.

Hooray! Glen and Joy are coming to visit from Pullman and yap (politics, I hope.) When I return from this brief hiatus: "Drill in ANWR, Dammit!" Yes, yes! I will show you proof like you have not seen before, sent via an e-mail that is meant only for the eyes of the one to whom it was originally addressed (which is how I got it, from someone who got it from someone who got it from someone who got it from...") Top Secret, baby!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Well, I'm certainly intrigued....